Monday, August 25, 2008

Make-up, made-up

What exactly is the deal with those Minerals (or is it Mineral?) make-up powders? The first ones were advertised on cable and offered exclusively--you had to sign up for a regular supply. And seeing how those products were applied--"no liquid foundation!" the host exclaimed, while she slathered on the special "concealer". It looked to me as if the "special concealer" was acting like a foundation with the minerals powder dusted over that. Of course the result was a flawless complexion.

Now we have many lines to choose from-- at CVS, Drugstore.com, Target, and assorted department stores. How do we put this stuff on our faces so we look like we didn't try too hard to look perfect-- we want to look great naturally.

It can be done, but you do need to apply a concealer--it doesn't have t be the one in the line---you can buy Neutrogena Minerals make-up powder and Maybelline concealer. The effect is the same. Use a light hand, though, or, like any powder--light or not-- the minerals powder will make its way onto every crease, line and crevice in your face. But used sparingly, these powders offer a nice, light alternative for a finished face.

2 comments:

  1. I know there are a lot of these minerals make-ups around but I am not sure if I like them. They don't seem to do anything better than a light liquid make-up and a bit of powder can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have become a big fan of Pond's Exfoliating Clean Sweep Cucumber Cleansing Towelettes. I use these in the morning and sometimes before bedtime. I was quite skeptical of them at first (I previously used just soap and water), however, these make my skin look radiant. I am impressed--they really do work!

    ReplyDelete